I’m a mother of two, happily married for twenty-six years, living in the Pacific Northwest. I am a complete TV addict (have to have it on at all times). I like to write, play online RPG’s, sing, read… lots more I can’t think of at the moment…
The supernatural has long been my favorite to write and read. Werewolves, vampires, witchcraft, ghosts, things that go bump in the night; these are a few of my favorite things to write about. Not sparkly beings with phenomenal cosmic power that are always the smartest, bravest, prettiest Mary Sue to walk the planet, but real people who just happen to have this little quirk…
I’ve been busily writing away, completing 31 novels. Angel of Mercy, Mercy for the Wicked, Mercy for the Damned, Child of Mercy, Mercy for the Fallen, The Touch, Pretty Witches All in a Row, Kiss the Witch Goodbye, Wake Me When the Sun Goes Down, Meet Me When the Sun Goes Down, Find Me When the Sun Goes Down, Miss Me When the Sun Goes Down, Follow Me When the Sun Goes Down, Hear Me When the Sun Goes Down, Release Me When the Sun Goes Down, Trust Me When the Sun Goes Down, Tempt Me When the Sun Goes Down, Kiss Me When the Sun Goes Down, Carter, Forget Me When the Sun Goes Down, Know Me When the Sun Goes Down, Moonsong, Scarlett Moon, Chase the Moon, The Company of Shadows, The Company of Darkness, The Company of Lies, The Company of Death,The Vampire Diaries: Tabula Rasa, The Vampire Diaries: Dark Side of the Moon,and Nine Steps to Sara are available for sale now.
Our Interview With Lisa
Where are you from?
I’m from up and down the left coast, currently living in the Pacific Northwest
If you had to perform in a talent competition right now, what would your talent be?
I’d say singing, but I’d probably get such bad stage fright I wouldn’t be able to get much out. I make a mean lasagna, does that count?
Tell us about your latest book?
Ooh, actually, I can’t tell you anything about it except that it’s called Know Me When the Sun Goes Down and it’s book 12 of my vampire series Forged Bloodlines. Here’s the blurb:
I can’t tell you what happens in this book.
All can say is, pour yourself a shot of aquavit, grab a box of tissues, and hang on.
It’s gonna be a bumpy ride.
And nothing will ever be the same again.
10 Interesting Facts About Lisa Olsen
1) I am obsessed with Joss Whedon. I’ll pretty much watch anything he makes. Even if all he did was pick up coffee for the cast. If Joss is associated, I’m in. Every once in a while I have dreams where I meet him and I’m all suave and cool and not the hopeless tongue-tied mess I’d really be IRL.
2) I listen to classical music while I write. Sometimes it’s a specific song on a loop over and over again, but mostly I need something soft and in the background otherwise, I get too distracted. Now, while I’m plotting is another story entirely. Then I listen to a weird hodge podge of music, anything from Muse to Portishead to Journey to Ke$ha to The Carpenters to Marilyn Manson to musical numbers from The Pirate Movie… it’s a weird playlist.
3) I share many geeky interests with Anja (from my Forged Bloodlines series) such as: superheroes (particularly Cap), Lord of the Rings, Sliders, Big Bang Theory, Star Trek, Star Wars, Zombies, Battlestar Galactica, Dr. Who, Firefly, Buffy, and of course fabulous movies like Sharktopus and Sharknado.
4) I am scared to death of speaking in public. I will probably never give a book reading. Like ever. There’s a reason I chose a profession that allows me to remain behind the scenes and interact with fans solely through the internet. I guess I could always hire a shill if I get rich and famous enough. But I’m also enough of a control freak that I know it’d drive me nuts, so no… don’t think I’ll ever do that.
5) I recorded an album when I was seven years old. I was part of a band of kids that sang and danced in Spanish and English. We performed all over California, mostly at private functions but things like county fairs and stuff too. We once performed at Disneyland. We put out a record every couple of years and the one I was on I sang two songs for and I was on the cover.
6) I live in the Pacific Northwest because of an April Fool’s Joke. I primarily grew up in Santa Cruz, CA (which is wicked expensive!). The company I worked for had their HQ up near Portland Oregon, and as a joke I came home and told my husband that they were so happy with my performance that they wanted to transfer me to their corporate office. To my utter surprise, he said “Okay, let’s do it!” To which I had to admit I was full of… April foolery, and there was no job opening up there. But we started looking into it anyway and though it took us another five years to make it up here, we sold our house and took the plunge with no clear idea of how we’d make a living. It worked out though, and I love living here!
7) I wanted to be a cop when I was growing up. Or something in law enforcement. Not a huge surprise that both my parents worked for the Sheriff’s department, but I set off to college thinking I’d join them some day.
8) I am the weirdest combination of driven and lazy that you’ll ever meet (see above). Driven = slave over a hot stove all day long in 90 degree heat, Lazy = let the Tupperware build up for a week before I get to it. Driven = push myself to write between 4K and 5K words per day even if I’m sick, Lazy = wear pajamas until noon and text my kid to come and turn on a lamp that’s less than four feet away.
9) Like Cady (In the Company series), I skipped a grade in school. Okay, so it was kindergarten, but it made me younger than all of my classmates for the rest of my school career, which was alternately cool and annoying. It also led to some unusual age differences in boyfriends such as:
10) I married my high school sweetheart. Yep, started dating him when I was 14 (and he was 18!) years old and we’ve been married now for 26 years. So yes, I am living proof that you can completely fall in love at first sight and live happily ever after.
Check Out Lisa Olsen’s Books!
Links for Know Me When the Sun Goes Down
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/2rxiOJv
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/2tmHlm6
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/2sU1EJT
*This is book 12 in the Forged Bloodlines series, and the others should be read first to enjoy this story. Start the series for free with Wake Me When the Sun Goes Down:
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/1HdpWdu
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/1d8lllf
Wake Me When the Sun Goes Down (currently free):
“It was ironic that this happened to me, I was never a night person at heart. So you can see right off the bat why a vampire was the very last thing I would have chosen to be.”
Anja Evans wakes up in the morgue with a hell of a hangover. It takes almost eating her best friend before she figures out… she’s a vampire. When a dark and dangerous vampire shows up at her door asking to see her license and registration, Anja assumes Bishop is a regular cop. But breeding among vampires is strictly controlled, and her unlicensed status makes her an enemy of The Order. Struggling to find a balance between her former life and her undead one, Anja tries to blend college and living up to her new identity, all while searching to find the elusive Viking, whose blood gave Anja the strength of a vampire hundreds of years old.
Links for Angel of Mercy – the first in my The Fallen series about fallen angels (currently free):
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/1Hdpz2N
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/1fozVH5
Angel of Mercy (currently free):
I don’t know why I got stabbed. I don’t know why I healed overnight.
I don’t know why I keep seeing the same guy in my dreams, on the sidewalk, at the mini-mart near my apartment – the insanely hot guy with the piercing blue eyes that nobody can see but me.
I have to follow him. I have to talk to him.
And he’s not the only one stalking me. That guy with the knife? He’s still out there, and he knows where I live.
I have to know. What am I now? Am I still human? Am I part angel? Or am I something new?
* This is the first book in a completed, five book series about fallen angels and demons, and contains a cliffhanger.
Links for Moonsong, first in my shifter book series, The Wolves of Cutter’s Folly (free on KU):
After werewolves attack her family, Amelia Singer escapes to Cutter’s Folly in search of her long lost grandmother. There she finds the strangest revelation yet – not only is she descended from a long line of shapeshifters, Amelia’s firstborn is destined to lead the pack to dominion over all others. Now power hungry shifters everywhere will stop at nothing to share in that prophecy. Choosing a mate is the only way to end the violence, but how can she be expected to choose a man she’s known for less than a week? At the heart of this struggle, Amelia is torn between Chase, who makes her pulse race with a single sultry glance, and Cutter, a reclusive but tempting loner with secrets of his own. Can fiercely independent Amelia find happiness with the pack, or will she rebel under the pressure and take her chances on her own?
The Company of Shadows, the fist book in my demon hunter series, The Company (free on KU)
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/1Hev9F2
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/1Rk0zg1
blurb for The Company of Shadows:
“I only want to know you.”
He comes to her in dreams, her perfect man. Only Cady’s love can feed him and satisfy the desire to kill again. Cady sees things she shouldn’t in the shadows, things she can’t forget. She has become the obsession of a darker power, and no one, not even Ethan, can keep her safe from his twisted desires. Will she surrender to the demon in lover’s clothing or stand against him?
The life of a Reaper is simple. Find the subject, bind him before the body count gets too high, and wait for his next assignment. Protect the world from the evil that lurks in the shadows – but protect the Company’s secrets at all costs. Is Ethan willing to sacrifice the life of an innocent girl to keep those secrets?
Need. The need to rend and tear and occasionally taste the flesh of his victims. Asherik can wear any skin, he can become your wildest fantasy. One look from him is enough to set any woman’s blood on fire. She alone resists him. Ash has never tasted love before. But now that he’s found Cady, he’ll never let her go.
“I only want to love you.”
* This is the first book in a completed, four book series about demons and demon hunters.
Stalk Lisa Online!